Thursday, May 22, 2014

You don’t have an E-Mail address Issue while setting up Alerts



You don’t have an E-Mail address Issue while setting up Alerts

While I am working on alerts and setting up on my Documents I see an error “you don’t have an E-mail address specified”

After I digging into the issue finally I resolved this by doing some trouble shooting. In this article I am providing the steps to resolve the issue.

Solution: To make sure the below are set properly and configured to work alerts.
 
1.   Ensure that the Account setting up for  the alerts has assigned an E-mail address in AD.

2.   check the User Profile Account within SharePoint to see if the email address is being imported.

·        CA->Application management->manage service applications->User profiles

3.   Since, that the email address property is not being populated properly  manually setup the mapping .To do that

·        Manager user profiles-> Find the Contact Information”->Edit the Mail  

                                                        
                        http://sharepointobservations.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/ups-missing-email-08.png
                                        
Once done save and do the Incremental Import and check the alerts.

Please Comment if you need Any Help.Your Feed back is always Welcome.I Am Happy to Help !!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is Much Appreciated. I will try to reply to your queries as soon as possible!!Anil Avula

ShareThis

X